Saturday 14 February 2009

Thought of the day

I have learned and also experienced something new for the past few days.I realised that human is really a unique creature which can easilly adapt to many situations easilly and differently.Sometimes people act in a very funny ways,depending on the situations and the people around them.

Many called this "multiple faces" but Goffman term the behaviour as dramaturgy.It is a form of art represent the main element of drama.People act/behave in a certain way in front of others as if they are casting a show to manage the expectation of others.

I had a very hard time,trying to convince myself in this bold concept.It is so true that i hate it coz it makes me feel that everyone ard me is artificial.I hate to think that i am sometimes like that,putting up a mask based on the expectation as well as the image that i want to potray.

Isnt it sad when u think about it? Sometimes i wonder, when does my true self appear?Or,there is no true self in the first place.I dont know..sometimes i think that we are too used of putting up mask that we have forgotten our true self and no longer own one.

0 comments: