Thursday 17 January 2008

Result.

Well well,am glad that my result for last sem was quite goood.It's not fantastic compared to most of my frens but i am glad with my achievement!
Still remember that i went clubbing with L the night before the release of my result.It was an eye opening experience for me looking at young girls shaking their butts off their hips.I was amazed with their body language while they were dancing and could really see Durkheim's theory work there. The so called 'collective effervescence',gave these young girls maximum energy to dance in a sexual manners with their friends to attract opposite sex.And of course,we as the audience enjoyed watching it as they exposed their flesh while shaking their bodies.
[Collective effervescence (CE)
is a perceived energy formed by a gathering of people as might be experienced at a sporting event, a carnival, a rave, or a riot. This energy can cause people to act differently than in their everyday life.]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Effervescence
Well,no matter how enjoyable i was watching all these actions going on,i told myself that i will not go there again.I have mixed feelings being there, the music was good and enjoyable but looking at these girls trying to attract guys with their body make me feel ashame.Not trying to judge anyone here, self respect is very important for a person and seeing some of the girls trading it off for instant gratification disturbed me.Yes,i understand that there must be stories behind each one of them...who knows they do this for living? to feed their brothers and sisters.

0 comments: